How To Relieve Stress In The Lead Up To Your Big Day
With busy lifestyles and more demands, who is not stressed these days? So imagine adding on your wedding plans on top of it all!
Here are few tips on managing this effectively in the lead up to your special day:
1 Diet is crucial…how you eat affects how you feel. These foods can help you manage your stress level:
- Oily fish which are high in Omega 3 fatty acids (salmon, sardines, mackerel)
- Bananas which contain vitamins A, B6 and C, fibre, potassium, phosphorus, iron and mood boosting carbohydrates
- Chicken and Turkey which helps produce melatonin and regulate sleeps
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli which are rich in B vitamins
- Water – drink plenty of water as even the smallest amount of water loss can affect our physical and mental well-being
- I kept the best one till last…a bit of dark chocolate! yes, it lifts up your mood (all in moderation of course!)
- AVOID caffeine, sugar and alcohol
2 Exercise and Relaxation…not only is it important to keep this as part of our daily routine but it has long been proven to have a positive effect on mental health too. So go for it and it will allow you to manage your stress better and feel better in the lead up to your wedding day (the choice is yours…a brisk walk, swimming, running, cycling, yoga, pilates, meditation, etc.)
3 Sleep…this goes without saying, really! Poor sleep can have a significant effect on mental health, making us vulnerable and emotional. Like all Brides to Be, you want to look your best on your wedding day so to avoid dark circles under eyes, puffy eyes and looking exhausted, aim for at least 8hrs of sleep daily
Remember, your wedding is supposed to be one of the happiest moments of your life. So, relax, take a deep breath and enjoy every minute of it!